January 12 Quotes

We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions.
Isaac Bashevis Singer (1904-1991)
As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919)
A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
Dean Acheson
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
Groucho Marx (1890-1977)
People who have what they want are very fond of telling people who haven't what they want that they don't want it.
A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910)
A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
Robert Frost